If you’re a skilled and experienced professional seeking a job with a leading performance media and marketing-solutions company, look no further than the Yellow Pages Group. Since 2006, YPG has earned the annual distinction as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, sponsored by MacLean’s magazine. In addition, YPG ranks among the Top 10 companies to work for by the Financial Post. And since 2005, YPG has been named annually as one of Montreal’s 15 best employers published by The Gazette and Le Devoir, among others. We are proud to be recognized as an industry leader. We believe in continuous improvement and in a corporate culture based on excellence, performance and a strong set of corporate values. We offer a stimulating environment and are always seeking the best employees! Learn more about the many job opportunities YPG has to offer you today.
Intermediate Java Developer
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec
Do you want to join a winning team within an organization that is leader in its industry? Join us in our transformation and contribute to our success!
The Yellow Pages Group Web team is responsible for developing the company’s online presence. The successful candidate will play a technology leadership role in the development of new tools and in proof-of-concept design for several projects.
Why do we need you?
The Java Developer is required to apply development standards and best practices. The environment is fast paced and sometimes stressful, but the atmosphere is always friendly and peer support represents the strength of the team.
What will you do?
Collaborate with business analysts and CSS and HTML integrators to deliver high-performance, user-friendly web products;
Participate in the planning and estimating of projects and effort;
Create, validate and execute unit and integration tests;
Collaborate with the QA team during the validation phases to identify the best test scenarios and correct the problems identified;
Carry out diagnostic phases when failures or performance problems arise (proactive and reactive);
Provide documentation and technical support for all applications under development.
What are we looking for?
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent);
5+ years of experience in Java/JSP programming;
Strong knowledge of object-oriented design models;
Practical experience in developing complex, high-traffic websites;
Strong ability to carry out various software development activities (analyzing, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and documentation).
Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of the following technologies and concepts:
- Object-oriented design;
- Configuration of application (Tomcat) and web (Apache) servers;
- CSS, Ajax and HTML5;
- Spring UI Component, Maven, SVN, etc.
Practical knowledge of the following technologies and concepts is an important asset:
Optimization and profiling tools, Web software achitecture;
Web projects involving social networks and application development for mobile;
Experience in a team using the Agile methodology.
Why will you want to work with us?
- 3 weeks of vacation starting the first year;
- Flexible benefits program (medical and dental) starting on the first day;
- Pension plan;
- Free parking (and easy access by public transport);
- You join a winning team made up of passionate colleagues happy in their job;
- You work in a beautiful building with an open-space concept that encourages open communication;
- An informal work environment where you can wear your jeans!
- You are involved in and contribute to the company's success;
- You are encouraged to learn and grow within in the organization;
- Everything you need is close to the office: gas station, pharmacy, grocery stores, SAQ, daycare, and more;
- Cafeteria that serves breakfast, snacks, coffee and lunch
- Group classes at lunch time such as spinning, yoga and salsa.
No wonder we’ve been recognized as a Top Employer in Canada for the last 7 years!
Job ID: 006560